Sunday, January 13, 2013

cream puffs and whipping cream

Saturday was a baking/cooking day.  Getting things ready for Phil to take back to school and meals ready for the week for us. 
Decided cream puffs would be a nice treat.  Trying to bring a little summer in the house.
If you haven't tried making them they are ever so easy.  I think the most difficult thing just might be stirring the eggs in the dough.
 
When I am ready to whip the cream and add the powder sugar I always think of my Grandma Klein.
When we would go to her house for holidays she would pull this beater out from the refrigerator, pour the cream in and I would turn the crank for a long time.  I would keep pulling the lid to see if it would be thick yet.  Again, I cranked that handle a long time.  I have this memory sitting on my kitchen counter.
 
 
For my birthday last year I got this amazing blender/food processor from my parents.
The "NINJA"
There is several bases, blades, covers and the top is a motor.  A couple of presses of the button and you things chopped, diced, shredded etc.  I decided how about whipping the cream in this.  Less than five minutes I had thick cream for the puffs.  A-MAZ-ING !!!!!!
All I could think of is what would Grandma think of this ??
 
The boys told me these tasted awesome !!

4 comments:

  1. The cream puffs look AMAZING!
    I'm going to have to check out the "Ninja"...do you know where they got it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Grandmas old beater, but now I want a Ninja!

    ReplyDelete

Blessings on Your Day !!!!

Blog Archive

Followers