Friday, January 25, 2013

friday fragments

I'm joining Mrs. 4444 for Friday Fragments. You can join in here.
 
 
** Brrrrrrr comes to my mind for the week.  We had temps that were minus -9 and below this week.  This made us thankful for our warm home.  Realized on Tuesday that in 6 months we will be in our favorite place in Door County - sun, water, fruity drinks, sunsets and family time. 
 
**Made Lentil soup on Saturday for Monday's dinner.  Joel and I were lucky that we got some for dinner.  Why you ask?  One word - Phil.  He wanted to have it for supper on Saturday night, heard him at 12:15 a.m. Sunday morning in the kitchen ( getting a snack) getting more soup and Sunday lunch.  If any of you have 19 year old sons you know that do not use a regular soup bowl.  They tend to find a larger one, like a Tupperware bowl.  Glad he likes the soup and also glad Joel and I each got a bowl for dinner on Monday. 
 
**I am in a new weekly photo challenge and really enjoying it.  We get our challenge on Sunday morning.  I am having a bit of a problem this week. It is wildlife.  So I threw some bread out in the yard on Sunday and sat in a chair waiting to see what wildlife might come.  I got nothing.  Well a squirrel did run and grab a piece and kept running.  That bread sat out there for three days.  Wildlife does not like below zero temps.  Heading to the lake after work to see what I can find.
 
**Not too much happening in our life this weekend. 
 
Enjoy your weekend !!!
 
LuAnn
 
 



4 comments:

  1. -9? No, thank you! 20's and 30's are cold enough for me!
    Where are you getting the weekly picture challenge from? Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the photo challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I smile, thinking of you huddled up waiting for some wildlife :)

    "Kids" are funny. It's a great feeling, knowing they love your cooking. Was that your own recipe?

    Definitely did not see any sailboats yesterday in Door County...haha

    Have a great week. Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete

Blessings on Your Day !!!!

Blog Archive

Followers