Thursday, May 19, 2011

Congratulations Matt !!!!

Today we were privileged to be with my friends family as her son Matt (middle on the chair) received his divine call into the holy ministry. He is following in his father's footsteps. And his brother Mark has only two more years left at the seminary. I have know his since he was 6 years old and how awesome to watch him grow into a man that loves his Lord and so willing to serve.

In our church body when a young man is graduating from our seminary we have a church service (it is called "Call Day") with all the young men, their families, friends etc... Their is a group of men that go over these mens files and decide with the help of the Holy Spirit which church they would be best to serve in. Your name is read, the city and state and the name of your new congragetion. We went through this last week when my niece graduated from our teacher college.

I sat through this 21 years ago when they read Joel's name and they said Florence KY. It is a very exciting time in these young men's lives. After 12 years of training to finally go out and be a Shepherd to the Lord's sheep. Spreading the gospel to all - hoping that those who do not believe will be filled with the Holy Spirit. Knowing that Jesus died on the cross for their sins and they too are saved.

Matt and his wife will be heading to TN to help start up a mission church. They have 15 people waiting for them. God's blessings to you both.




1 comment:

  1. I tried to comment your other blog but couldnt find where to...I changed my other one to public, thanks for letting me know that it was like that. I have just been so swamped with my new business that I have been a horrible blogger. I have taken lots of pictures, I just need to upload them. I am starting to see a little light and hope to catch up and stay caught up with all of you. I miss everyone and think of you often. Your family looks great, and I love the look of that custard place! :)

    ReplyDelete

Blessings on Your Day !!!!

Blog Archive

Followers