Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day 70 - going left instead of right

I have been having quite the time with my current job. The coffee shop part closed and I loved all the people. There have been many changes with this little company and a few financial woes. The last 3 months I have been sitting in a store front by myself doing office work. And there was not a lot of that to do either. I had become a very crabby wife/mother because of the things that I had to deal with. Many things that just don't need to be on here.

I have been doing a lot of talking to the Lord about guiding me in the right direction. Helping me find a job, with the right hours, no weekends ( baseball season is in a few weeks - doubleheaders on Saturdays) and working with people.

I found a job online - 20-25 hours - secretary - working with students - no weekends - flexible schedule - pay raise. The Lord directed me.

The first interview was over a week ago with the lady who would be my boss. And the greatest part is that she goes to one of our churches in town. Second interview was on Monday with her boss. I got the call on Tuesday morning that they would like me to work for them. I accepted, hung up, cried happy tears and said my thanksgiving prayer. I called Joel and he thought I was giving him bad news because of the tears. I corrected that right away.

March 21st is the starting date. I have worn jeans to work the last 5 years. There is some shopping that needs to be done. I can't stop smiling because I am happy and an anxious to start in this new direction that the Lord has lead me.

So when I come out of my street instead of turning right and going a half mile I will turn left and go the same distance to Marian University.

"If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you." JOHN 15:7



5 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so glad for you! Having the right job just makes all the difference in the world (as my husband could tell you from experience - I've had a few jobs where I was just EVIL when I got home)>

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is awesome!!!! but really, could our lives get any closer together?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you! I love to see how God takes care of people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATS LuAnn!! Happy day! What a huge blessing this is! I know how it feels to feel stuck and unhappy with a job since I went through that last year...it can really impact life at home, too. SO happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful news!
    (And it's always good to have an excuse to buy new clothes. teehee)

    ReplyDelete

Blessings on Your Day !!!!

Blog Archive

Followers